Monday, October 19, 2009

Mommy, I don't feel good! (cough!cough!)

I have been a TERRIBLE blogger lately!
So....I made it through fair. Just starting to re-coop and Coby gets sick!
REALLY?
When Coby got up Friday morning, he had a low grade fever and had coughed his head off all night long.
I took him to the dr. on Friday afternoon (of course his dr is out, so we have to see the OTHER dr.) She prescribed him zithromax, nasacort, allegra and albuteral (breathing treatments.) The dr. never stated WHAT it is he has - she was just very concerned about how he was having trouble breathing.
Cory and I were up with him ALL night Friday night! Between coughing, throwing up, and the 102 temp, I didn't want to leave his side. I think we both got maybe 4 hours of sleep - we kept "taking shifts." I am EXTREMELY thankful that Cory is so good about dealing with sickness, etc.

Anyway, EVERY time we gave him the zithromax he threw it up! Within seconds of taking it.
Finally Saturday evening I called the nurses line and had them page the dr. on call. The nurse called back and the dr. called in a prescription for him of amoxicillin and a cough syrup with codeine in it.
So, now (Monday) he's really only been on antibiotics for 24 hours. Fever comes and goes (with Tylenol.) When we woke up this morning he was BURNING up. So, here I am home with him. However, we've gotten more Tylenol down, more antibiotics down and hoping things are starting to look up. The sun is shining outside and I would LOVE to take him out there to play. But it is SO windy! Afraid it wouldn't be good for him in the long run.

I hope to return to bloggy land soon. I have a fall give-a-way I need to finish up (shuttie Brandy!) And pumpkin patch pics (because yes, I did take him while he was sick-but I THOUGHT he was feeling better.)
Have a good Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I hope he feels better soon. I have yet to experience the throwing up sick child. I've dealt with high fevers, and that was enough for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy, hope he is feeling well really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hate that! I take the kids to do something and then realize they were not feeling well. I hope he gets better soon, this sickness that is going around (H1N1 and others) is horrible! We've all had it and I don't look forward to the coming cold/flu months when we'll probably get it again.
    Poor little guy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor baby. Tell him that I hope he feels better soon. Tell him I said it through the computer. And also you have to come to work tomorrow because i need cuppy cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor thing, I hope he gets to feeling better! i know how stressful that is and I hope you get some rest too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck! Of course I hope your little one gets feeling better, but I hope you can get a break and the rest you need in order to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete